Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Subject Two: Bike Lanes on Madison

The bicyclists would like bike lanes to be installed on Madison because bike lanes would improve their safety while biking and allow greater ease around midtown. Madison was chosen as a bike lane because of it's central location and traffic.  However some home and business owners think this will negatively affect there business or home. Drivers do not want to share the road with bicyclist and object the bike lanes. The drivers believe decreased speeds on Madison will ruin there beloved driving experience.

I am in favor of bike lanes because I enjoy the safety a bike lane projects. It is a comforting thought thinking that I can sue the fuck out of any one that may hit me while biking. There is also proof positive that drivers pay more attention to bicyclist when lanes are present. Personally a bike lane on Madison would make my commute twenty times easier, I both live and work off Madison and it is a common road in my travels.

Opposition
Support
Facts








No comments:

Post a Comment